Music Playlist

Sunday 26 January 2014

Chinese new year

 I choose red to represent Chinese New Year. Red is a auspicious colour to Chinese because of nian monster story. The monster was chased away by things that are red, which made Chinese people believe that red is a lucky colour. On the day that "nian" was chased away, we celebrated the day as Chinese New Year. This I decided to use red to represent Chinese New Year. 

I felt that this is a good symbol to show cny because 2014 is the year of horse in the lunar calendar.

As for this picture, it shows the usual things that I receive from adults. It's a blessing given from adults to wish a happy new year ahead. I always look forward to cny as it not only gives us the chance to meet up with relative, but also I get ang pao from them.
-yida

No comments:

Post a Comment