Music Playlist

Thursday 13 February 2014

What I've learnt

Through these weeks, I have learnt a lot of things. However, the one thing that I remember the clearest was the lesson on the man and woman asking for money. We were told to observe this man and woman. The man was homeless and his wallet was gone, his money, his clothes etc. The woman had a baby and was asking for money from people. Then, Mr Wong asked us to choose one of them, who we would give money to if we had $100. Without hesitation, I decided to give the woman as I thought that the man could look for work as he seemed healthy. However, for the woman, she had to look after the child and could not work. To my surprise, the woman was actually a conman! The baby wasn't hers and she came from and organisation that asked tourists for momey and divided the money among the members. From this simple observe-and-choose lesson, I learnt that we should not judge a book by its cover. We ought to get the facts right before jumping to conclusions.
-Bei Xuan

No comments:

Post a Comment